Monday, October 26, 2009

Tuesday, October 6th


The day of our trip has arrived!
We depart on schedule from LAX feeling enthusiastic and very blessed to have an empty seat between us for the long flight.  I really had the wrong idea in my head about what a 747 would be like.  I envisioned comfort and luxury, but really, for those of us in coach, it's just a gigantic bus in the sky.






Ha!

Whether it was all the excitement or the cramped seating and non-existent air circulation, I do not get any sleep to speak of on the flight.  We also do not drink enough water, which unfortunately (in combination with long hours of sitting) contributes to swelling of the feet and ankles.  But, hey...what do I know?  This is my biggest trip ever and I am willing to endure some discomfort to get to where we are going.

I am strangely annoyed by the man in the seat directly across the aisle from me who manages to get a solid 8 hours of snoring slumber for reasons that are unknown to me (drugs/alcohol/will power/dumb luck or a combination of all of it).



We fly into the sunrise with happy anticipation, a short nap and a couple of light meals.  What seemed to be helpful was mixing a little of Dr. Singha's Travel Tonic into some water early on in the flight.  The combination of herbs seemed to dispell the foggy sensation of jet lag.  At least initially.



1 comment:

RBFDMIKE said...

Pip....Pip. The blog is coming along nicely!